Liposuction cosmetic surgery is a fairly customizable procedure that can be tailored to meet the individual aesthetic needs of a patient. For a new patient, it is important to understand all aspects of the plastic surgery procedure in order to make an informed decision. They should clarify all their doubts and concerns with the cosmetic surgeon, and only once they are fully satisfied, they should go ahead with the procedure.
The final decision rests with the patient because liposuction is an elective surgery. The patient will have to fill up the consent forms declaring that they have fully understood the potential risks associated with the procedure, and accept those risks. As an experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Bryson Richards addresses all concerns and queries of the patient in adequate detail. Dr. Richards receives patients from Las Vegas and surrounding communities for liposuction.
Surgeon’s Experience and Training
Liposuction cosmetic surgery should be performed only by a qualified and experienced surgeon. The patient should ask questions about the surgeon’s background and choose to go ahead with the procedure only when properly satisfied with the information.
- How many years have you already spent in terms of training and experience to perform plastic surgery procedures?
- Do you have specific experience of performing liposuction procedure in the past?
- What is your past success rate with respect to surgical procedures in general?
- Do you prefer to use general anesthesia for liposuction, or perform tumescent liposuction using local anesthesia?
- Will I receive access to liposuction before and after images of previous patients at your practice?
- Do you receive liposuction patients only from Las Vegas or also from surrounding areas?
- Is it possible for me to talk to any of your staff members to know more about your practice?
- Do you have a policy at your practice in the event of a need for a revisionary procedure following liposuction?
- How long the surgical procedure may last in my case?
- Do I make a stellar candidate for liposuction cosmetic surgery?
- Do you recommend liposuction in combination with another procedure to achieve the desired outcome in my case?
- Can you provide me with a video of the actual liposuction surgery being performed?
- Will the surgery in my case be performed as an outpatient procedure or will it require an overnight stay?
- What are the potential risks and complications involved in liposuction surgery?
- What steps can I take to reduce the risk?
- Will it be necessary to re-schedule my existing medications or herbal supplements?
- Should I acquire an insurance policy against potential risks and complications during surgery?
- What will be the approximate downtime involved?
- Will I have to undergo a considerable period of pain and discomfort?
- What kind of temporary lifestyle changes I may be required to adopt?
Experienced surgeons will usually address most of the patient’s concerns of their own accord, without the patient having to ask so many questions during the pre-op consultations.