Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) Surgery Candidates
Rhinoplasty, popularly known as a nose job, is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to enhance the shape or size of the nose to make it more proportionate and attractive. During the initial consultation process, the surgeon will evaluate the overall facial anatomy, the condition of the nose, and the patient’s unique aesthetic needs to determine whether they are a good candidate for rhinoplasty.
Dr. Bryson Richards is a dedicated plastic surgeon providing rhinoplasty and other surgical and non-surgical procedures for the breast, body and face. Dr. Richards will recommend the most appropriate treatment approach to suit the needs of a patient. He receives patients from Las Vegas, NV and surrounding communities for rhinoplasty.
Who needs Rhinoplasty?
A majority of people who seek a nose job or rhinoplasty plastic surgery are individuals who are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of the nose, whether in terms of its shape, size, bone structure, or another aesthetic anomaly. However, a smaller percentage of people seem this procedure because they experience discomfort or breathing difficulties, which may occur due to structural issues or a nose injury.
An optimal candidate for a nose job will be an individual with good general health, having realistic expectations, willing to stay away from smoking for several weeks, and having a clear understanding of the risks associated with a surgical procedure.
As an experienced cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Richards will recommend nose surgery only to the most suitable candidates in Las Vegas, NV, who can benefit from it in aesthetic or functional terms. According to him, a candidate for rhinoplasty may suffer from one or more of the following conditions:
- The nose size is excessively large or small in proportion to other facial features.
- A conspicuous bump is present on the nasal bridge.
- The nose is abnormally wide.
- The nasal tip is protruding, drooping, or enlarged.
- The nasal tip is bulbous.
- The nostrils are flared or pinched abnormally.
- The nose is crooked or off-center.
- Asymmetrical nose following an injury.
- Irregularities in the internal nose structure such as a deviated septum, causing breathing difficulties.
Do Teens Make Good Candidates?
Rhinoplasty ranks among the more popular cosmetic surgery procedures among the teens. However, it is important to ensure that the teenager is an appropriate candidate and is taking a responsible decision to fulfill an innate need. The candidate should not undergo this procedure out of parental or peer pressure.
Rhinoplasty for teens may be applied to modify the size, shape or overall appearance of the nose. In some cases, nose job and chin implant surgery may be combined to achieve more harmonious outcomes for the teens. Teen patients may typically need the following changes:
- Narrowing of the nasal bridge.
- Narrowing or widening of the nostrils.
- Straightening of a crooked nose.
- Refining the nasal tip.
- Altering the angle between the upper lip and nose.
Rhinoplasty for teens is usually recommended for girls who are above the age of 15, and boys who are above the age of 17 or 18.