Pregnancy and childbearing can adversely impact a woman’s figure. Mommy makeover is an extensive plastic surgery procedure to restore her pre-pregnancy body shape. But the patient must follow some preparation guidelines to achieve safe and desirable outcomes from this significant surgical procedure.
By preparing properly for a mommy makeover procedure, the patient can enjoy a safe and predictable recovery phase after the surgery.
The surgeon will explain the preparatory steps to the patient during the pre-op consultation process. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Bryson Richards provides mommy makeover to patients in Las Vegas, NV, and surrounding locations.
The preparation should ideally start much ahead of the scheduled date of the mommy makeover procedure:
- Choose a date for the mommy makeover cosmetic surgery that is at least three months after the candidate has discontinued breastfeeding.
- Follow a balanced diet and regular exercise regimen to maintain optimal fitness prior to the surgery
- Stop smoking for at least a few weeks prior to the surgery.
- Do not expose the body to direct sunlight for two weeks before the mommy makeover.
- Stop the use of aspirin, blood thinners, vitamin E, and herbal supplements for two weeks before the surgery.
- Disclose any lifestyle habits, such as smoking and drinking, as well as pre-existing health conditions honestly to the surgeon.
- Shave the entire top portion of the pubic area a week prior to the mommy makeover procedure
- Arrange the required health records and clearances from the doctor to be sent directly to the surgeon’s practice.
- Arrange for childcare for the recovery phase, if required.
- Ask a responsible person to drive the patient home after the surgery as well as someone to assist the patient at home during the initial recovery period.
- Prepare the bed at home with a step stool in case the bed is high or otherwise arrange the bed at ground level. Moreover, arrange for extra pillows to be able to sleep in a raised position during the early recovery phase
Arrange Necessary Items
- Surgeon approved drugs
- A waist shaping girdle or garment along with a compression garment
- Prescription cream for scars
- Shower chair for support
- Sports bra without underwire, if the patient undergoes breast surgery
- Gauze bandage box
Tips for the Day of the Surgery
- Not drinking or eating anything for eight hours prior to the procedure
- Taking adequate rest and getting lots of sleep on the night before the surgery
- Shampoo the hair and take a shower on the day prior to the surgery
- Properly cleanse the surgical areas, particular the navel region
- Avoid wearing makeup, contact lenses, jewelry, or moisturizers on the day of the surgery
- Do not carry jewelry or valuables to the surgical facility
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable, and front-open clothing
After the mommy makeover, the surgeon or their team will offer the patient’s attendant a detailed list of recovery instructions before the patient returns home. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Bryson Richards receives patients from Las Vegas, NV, and nearby areas for mommy makeover.
If you would like more information on cosmetic surgery procedures and treatments performed by Las Vegas, Nevada plastic surgeon, Dr. Bryson Richards please contact us at 702.870.7070
Taking new patients from Las Vegas, Bullhead City, Laughlin, Pahrump, Mesquite NV and surrounding areas.