SOFT TISSUE (DERMAL) FILLERS
Dermal fillers provide many of the cosmetic benefits of a surgical facelift at a significantly reduced cost, and without requiring anesthesia, incisions, or post-treatment downtime. These non-invasive treatments allow for convenient scheduling options and the immediate resumption of one’s normal activities, yet still provide a dramatic rejuvenation of the condition and appearance of the skin. Dermal fillers also offer the advantage of immediate results, allowing patients to leave the office after their 20-30 minute treatment looking revitalized and youthfully refreshed.*
At the private plastic surgery practice of Dr. Bryson Richards, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Dr. Richards is pleased to offer a variety of injectable dermal filler options, and will provide his expert advice and guidance to help you select the optimal dermal filler (or combination of fillers) that will best enhance your unique facial anatomy and safely fulfill your aesthetic goals.*
DERMAL FILLER OPTIONS
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is an element found in the connective tissue of the skin, and it serves the crucially important function of hydrating the skin, helping to produce youthfully full, smooth contours. With age, hyaluronic acid levels decrease, which can lead to the development of numerous cosmetic problems, such as: depleted facial volume; deep facial folds, wrinkles, and lines; prominent scars; hollow or sagging cheeks; and thin lips. HA-based dermal fillers are a safe option for patients seeking an effective countermeasure to the decline in the body’s natural hyaluronic acid levels.*
Hyaluronic Acid-Based Fillers:
- Restylane® and Perlane®: an appropriate choice for patients seeking to restore lost volume to their face and lips, or who would like to minimize the prominence of moderate to severe facial folds and lines. Restylane® and Perlane®are composed of biocompatible, non-animal- based hyaluronic acid, making them a safe choice for patients who suffer from allergies. On average, the effects of Restylane® and Perlane® treatments can last from 6-18 months, depending upon the injection site locations and how rapidly the patient’s body metabolizes the filler.*
- JUVÉDERM®/JUVÉDERM ULTRA®/JUVÉDERM ULTRA PLUS®/JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®: provides an instant replenishment of lost volume to the skin by filling in deep facial folds and wrinkles. JUVÉDERM® has received FDA-approval for providing results that last up to one year from the initial treatment, and it is one of a small group of fillers that are safe to use for lip augmentation. JUVÉDERM® injections are appropriate for all ethnic groups and skin types, and its smooth texture makes it a suitable filler option for patients with thin, sensitive skin*
- BELOTERO BALANCE®: this filler has unique properties that allow it to adapt within the patient’s skin to produce a soft, even correction. This versatile product is strong enough to handle both deep treatment areas (i.e. nasolabial folds) and delicate treatment sites (i.e. vertical lip lines)*
- EXPRESSION®: third-generation advanced dermal filler featuring a pathogen-free medium and a water-based process that is free of organic solvents (i.e. ethanol)
- PREVELLE® Silk Filler: this clear hyaluronic acid gel contains a small quantity of lidocaine (local anesthetic) to minimize discomfort and provide pain relief at the injection site
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: is intended for use in people with healthy immune systems as one time treatment regimen of up to 4 injection sessions that are scheduled about 3 weeks apart for correction of shallow to deep nasolabial fold contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles.*
Non-Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- Radiesse®: works by replenishing depleted facial volume, and are commonly administered in the temple and cheek areas, where volume loss is typically the most apparent. Radiesse® promotes the body’s natural production of collagen and provides more immediate result than similar fillers, because in addition to stimulating collagen production, Radiesse® also augments facial volume on its own. Radiesse® offers long-term results (up to one year) and is recommended for patients who would benefit from the following cosmetic enhancements: lip augmentation; jaw line contouring; laugh line correction; nose sculpting, cheek contouring; hand rejuvenation; and chin molding.*
*Results are not guaranteed or guaranteed to be permanent.
CONTACT DR. RICHARDS
Dr. Richards understands that every patient has unique medical needs and aesthetic preferences, which is why his treatment philosophy is based upon the foundational principle of individualized customization. In practice, this concept amounts to in-depth consultations, treatment plans that have been tailored to meet your specific needs, and comprehensive patient education, both before and after your dermal filler treatment.
Dr. Richards makes it a priority to spend ample time with each patient, and to be highly accessible to his patients throughout their aesthetic enhancement experience. If you are interested in having your dermal filler injections performed by Dr. Richards, please contact our office today. We look forward to speaking with you, and to scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Richards.